- To full membership are entitled only companies;
- The company should have its seat in the European Union;
- It should have at least 2 years of experience in the fields of debt collection and/or debt purchase on the Bulgarian market;
- In case the company is engaged only in debt purchase business, it should be registered as a financial institution at Bulgarian National Bank according to art. 3а, par. 1 of the Law on Credit Institutions and to have a minimum capital fulfilling the requirements of BNB;
- In case the company is engaged only in debt purchase business, it should have a portfolio of at least 1 mln. BGN of acquired debt under its management;
- In case the company is engaged mainly with contingency debt collection business it should have a minimum registered and fully paid up capital of 50 000 BGN;
- Debt management must bring at least 30 % of the company’s income – for companies engaged mainly with contingency debt collection business;
- The company must have a minimum of 4 clients, at least one of which is a banking institution;
- The company must have at least 2 balance sheets published at the Commercial register;
- There must not exist penal verdicts pending against the Company’s shareholders and directors. They must not be a subject to criminal prosecution by the Public Prosecution Service or the National Investigations Service and there should not be any penal and enforcement cases against them;
- The Company must not have delinquent debts towards the State, banks or other creditors;
- The Company must be registered as an Administrator of Personal Data according to the Bulgarian legislation;
- The company must have professional liability insurance;
- The company must provide at least two references form ACABG full members;
- A full member of the association may also be a group of companies with the same shareholder structure, whereas the companies deliver debt collection and/or debt purchasing services, only if they cumulatively fulfil the above requirements.
Associated members of the Association may be companies which fulfill the above criteria with the following exceptions:
- It should have a minimum registered and fully paid capital of 5 000 BGN;
- The company should have at least 2 clients;
- It is not necessary that the company should have two years of experience in Bulgaria and for which it should provide audited financial reports.
Associated members - individuals:
- To have at least 3 years of professional experience in debt management or risk management;
- There must not exist penal verdicts pending against the person. The person must not be a subject to criminal prosecution by the Public Prosecution Service or the National Investigations Service and there should not be any penal and enforcement cases against them;
- The applicant for associated membership must provide at least two references form ACABG full members.
A/ to prepare the following documents:
- Company’s good standing certificate from the Commercial Register;
- Certificate from the National Revenue Agency (NRA) for lack of tax obligations;
- Bulgarian National Bank (BNB) certificate for lack of overdue loans
- Criminal record certificate for the Manager (Managers);
- Certificate from Prosecutor 's Office or from the Investigation bodies for lack of criminal proceedings;
- Professional biography (CV) of the Manager (Managers);
- Company profile;
- The accounting reports for the last two years;
- Company contract;
- References from two full members of ACABBG;
- References from customers;
- Copy of the payment document for paid initial fee of membership;
- A copy of the Personal Data Administrator certificate, under Law on Personal Data Protection (LPDP);
- A copy of the insurance policy for professional liability insurance;
- Minutes of decision of the Managing body of the company, according to which the latter confirms its wish to become a member of ACABG and empowers its representative to the bodies of the Association.
Required documents for individuals, applying for membership:
- Professional biography (CV);
- References by two full members of ACABG;
B/ to download the application from here, fill it out, sign and seal it
C/ to submit the completed application together with all the above listed documents at the following address:
49 Patriarh Evtimii Blvd.
Prestige Business Center
fl. 2, office 2A
Attention: Ani Teneva
Your application will be reviewed at the next General Meeting of ACABG, and you will be immediately informed of the result.
In case, that we have any questions about your documents, we will contact you within 10 business days.
For more information: